Monday, April 14, 2008

Not so much "difficult" as "formidable"


It has come to my attention that occasionally I am a somewhat intrusive, un-managable tyrant of sorts.  And lately, it seems as if there IS no "right" side of the bed... at least, I can't seem to wake up on it, that's for sure.  I don't know what it is.  It's like suddenly all of my hormones are completely out of whack!  *And men, "hormones" is not a four lettered word... YOU have them too!  So, please, let's not run for the bomb shelter every time the ladies mention them.*  

The fact is, these past few weeks, I've become this MONSTER of emotions!  I'm super happy at one moment, I mean like the giggly happy, where you are just overcome with feelings of b
liss and joy.  Then suddenly Mr. Hyde comes out and I get upset at my husband for helping me fold the laundry!  It's weird.  Not to mention I started crying
 when I happened to flip to WWE and saw Rick Flair retire...strange.  I'm not so much "difficult" as "formidable". 

Most of you may be thinking, "well Torrey, sounds like you're pregnant to me"... but I'm not!   Believe me, I almost wish I WERE, at least then I'd know why I'm acting so crazy.  The worst part is that my husband has to put up with it all.  Poor guy HAS to ride my
 emotional roller coaster with me.  What a TROOPER!  I start to act normal and happy and he'll start to drop his guard, thinking I'm back to my old self... the SUDDENLY I turn on him and become evil again!  Or start crying for no reason...

But bless his heart, he still loves me.  And sometimes he lies to me to make me feel better "No honey, I DON'T think you're crazy".  Ofcourse I KNOW he's lying, but it makes me feel better.

Maybe I should try some ancient Voodoo cure for my multi-hormonal nature.  I'd be willing to look into a spell or something... as long as I don't have to eat goat brains or drink worm blood or anything like that.  I AM a gemini, perhaps that has something to do with it.  Let's see... here's what my monthly horoscope says "You are more peace-loving than usual" WRONG-O!  What else?... "You have some great professional energy, romantic energy, and plenty of intellectual energy."  If by "Energy" they mean "Raging Hormones", I guess that's true, but other than that, I don't think the Cosmos are of much help.

For now, my only cure is to warn everyone that I'm just a little difficult right now... well, not so much "difficult" as "formidable".  This will just have to do until I get a chance to meet with my favorite witch 
doctor...

1 comment:

L. Webb said...

I'll laugh if you're pregnant.