Friday, October 31, 2008

Ratta-Tat-Tat!

So, I'm at the Maverick yesterday, picking up a bottled water to quench my thirst before my night class.  I walk up to pay, mindlessly set my drink on the counter, wrangle my wallet out of my purse, hand the clerk my debit card, when SUDDENLY, I behold the most lovely, astonishing, hilarious, beautiful sight I've ever seen...  

A Fraggle Rock tattoo on the arm of the clerk.  It had most of the characters from the cartoon in this vibrant color, just popping off her arm!  It was amazing!  In fact, I was so caught up in her body art, that she had to tell me "You need to enter your pin number" three times!  I mean, really, this was a great tattoo.    

As I was driving to class I was consumed in cognition over the ingenious ink.  What made her get it?  Why Fraggle Rock?  Did it hurt?

I will admit, some tattoos are SUPER lame: the ever popular tramp stamp, the tribal bands around the biceps, the Japanese symbol for "whatever" on the ankle or foot.... talk about unique.  (Rolling of the eyes.)  But, I would be lying if I didn't say that I've always been envious of anyone who has a tattoo, no matter how lame.  

Because I'm a Mormony-Mormon, I've never really considered getting a tattoo, just lusted after them.  I know I shouldn't mark my body, but MAN a tattoo would be sweet!  So, let's say, for some reason, I just went wild and crazy and got myself that tattoo, what would it be?  Just one tattoo....  What a tough decision!

So, if I went the cartoon direction... Scrooge McDuck would be pretty rad, and when I looked at him, I would always remember my aspirations to be filthy rich.

I did watch one of those ever popular tattoo shows once where a girl wanted a bar code on the bottom of her foot.  Ha ha!  That would be hilarious!   Or perhaps a "Made in China" tat.  Only... I wasn't made in China.  Maybe I could get a "Made in the USA" tat?  No... nothing is made in the US these days.

Maybe a Disney style crown that says "Princes" under it... no that's lame.

My friend Mary has a tattoo on her hip of a lightning bolt!  It's so amazing, and I am so envious.  Maybe I would copy her.  I would definitely want something with color, but not something that can be seen easily.  Grah!  I don't know, such a hard decision that I'll never have to make!!!!

Maybe I'll just go with my husband's name tattooed on my butt.  

I LOVE JUDD

Let's hope we never get divorced!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tough decisions. I have a fraggle rock t-shirt I sleep in, it's sweet.

yeah, i always wanted an eiffel tower on my ankle after living there...but now I would be more bold....how about Obama? Or Noam Chomsky's face smiling at my fellow citizens on my arm? Hmmmm...I've always like Mary Poppins. That could be cool.

The Flints said...

Okay, we must be related. I want a tattoo, also!!! But, alas, I suffer from the same Mormony-Mormon affliction as you.

After many years of contemplating the tattoo questions, I have come up with the perfect solution. I've decided to get a . . . . . (drum roll) . . . . CTR tattoo! You will be the first one I show.

~ Bonnie

L. Webb said...

Ha ha ha... I too have always wanted a tattoo, but alas, it wasn't being Mormon that hindered my decision (although it probably should!) it was the fact that I scar easily and the last thing I need is another big ugly scar.

By the way, I got jealous that your blog is festive, so I updated mine as well!

Josephine Bradbury said...

The last few comments I've tried to leave have not worked :( so here's hoping!

Eric has always wanted a tatoo. His idol is Flea from the Red hot chili Peppers. He has some circular thing on his left peck...and although my hubby has wonderful pecks, I don't think you could see it through all the hair...(too gross?) But he claims if we had a teenager who wanted one...he would totally support it! I don't know about that (I am Mormony Mormon as well!) So maybe you two can get hopped up on some energy drinks and come back with lovely adventurous tatoos (yours would be easier to see I'm sure :)